Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stanley vs. the Mona Lisa




 Paris is wet/cold and amazing. 
Our hotel is literally right on the Seine and it is gorgeous at night. (It is the one on the right hand side) 
We're staying in a Holiday Inn and thought this would be a great advantage when asking for directions but who knew there were actually 2 Holiday Inns in Paris...

France has been entertaining to say the least. Yesterday in the market a man came up to me and was gesturing talking to me in French. I tried to tell him I only spoke English and finally he just stuck out his hand like he wanted to shake mine. I stuck mine out and then he pulled me in a kissed me on both cheeks! 
Today we went to the Louvre and it was incredible. Taking a tour with you own personal art historian is awesome. One thing Professor Medina didn't count on though was right as we entered the room to see the Mona Lisa someone noticed that Stanley from the Office was sitting off to the side with his wife just nonchalantly people watching. I'm sure they thought that they had found a perfectly secluded hideaway from fans... until 44 American college students discovered them. After pro-conning the situation we decided that looking at the Mona Lisa from 40 feet away did not compare to shaking Stanley's hand so we took several group photos and ignored Medina's futile art pleas. 

Stanley 1. -- Mona Lisa 0. 

I'll put more pictures on facebook. 

Au Revoire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment