Saturday, May 30, 2009

Au Revoir Paris!

Today is our last day in Paris! 

I really feel like we've gotten to do almost everything I know of that is really "touristy." This morning we took a tour of the Opera House (that Phantom of the Opera is from!) and it was incredible. Our tour guide had the entire tour memorized in english but not a word more. We tried asking her a couple questions and she would just repeat a line verbatim. 

Last night we went to a jazz concert in a really cute part of town and then like 30 of us took over the bar next door. It was the first time a bunch of people from our group had gone out together so it was really fun.

We leave for Munich tomorrow morning at 8 am, just as we've finally gotten the hang of how to sneak onto the metro without buying a ticket. 

On Thursday we figured out the hard way not to split up and try to meet again later. Chris and I went back to the hotel while everyone else finished up at the Louvre and we were all going to meet at the Eiffel Tower...which unfortunately never happened. Chris and I ended up on an 8 hour "date" all day in Paris just wandering around mostly lost. We had fun though and got to see the Eiffel Tower, the Arch de Triumph, the Champs de Elysees, and try delicious nutella and banana crepes. 

I think its the curse of blonde hair to be creeped on by random Europeans. An old man in the D'Orsay yesterday took a liking to it and walked up beside me, slipping his arm through mine. He stood there for a while and finally and unhooked my arm and kind of stepped away. He stepped back and blew me a kiss. Everyone in our whole group was with me because we were about to tour the museum and was staring at him. He started following our group and finally left when a field trip of 5 year olds going the other way passed us. Sooo creepy. 

The weather here has been absolutely fantastic for the past 3 days. Gorgeous and sunny but not too hot. We had a Subway picnic yesterday in a park by the Notre Dame. It was delicious but I made the mistake of assuming French mustard was similar to ours. I ended up with my nose runny, seaty, and nearly choking from the spiciness of the mustard. 

Until Munich, 

Kaitlyn 

1 comment:

  1. Dad needs some of that mustard! :) Just the curse of being blonde and beautiful! I don't think it will as bad once you get out of Paris. Can't wait to hear from you again! Love your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete